February 3rd? Really? 3 months until this baby arrives! He (yes, officially a HE!) is due on May 11th, but I am pretty sure he'll be here in late April. Walter and Grant's birthday is April 25th and Brian's is the 29th, so why not add another late April birthday into the family? It will be like celebrating Christmas twice a year (present-wise) and seems like it could actually simplify things around here as far as birthday parties go. So, baby boy, you go ahead and get nice and cooked, but don't worry about coming a couple of weeks early.
On another note, has anyone else noticed they talk to themselves more and more as they get older? Sometimes I have actual conversations with myself when no one's around, and then sometimes I do it when people are around, and that's really embarrassing. I suppose it's the early onset of dementia. Or maybe it's from being around kids all day that I try to have adult conversations with myself? Usually I am replaying a conversation I've had, saying the things I wish I had said to another person... I don't even know why I'm going on and on about this.
Time for an update.
We are still getting settled into our new house. Who knew it would take this long(6 months?) The last thing we did was move the guest room from the top floor to the basement in preparation for the baby. We set up the crib and I bought new bedding. Still waiting and hoping for someone to buy the old bedding off of Craig's List. Looks like we have a taker for the rug.
Walter and Grant are awesome. We've gone to Chattanooga for the last 2 Mondays- to stay with Granny Betsy for the night and to see my dad and go to the Creative Discovery Museum- and that has been really fun. Yesterday when we were pulling out of Granny's driveway to come home, Grant said, "I want to live here with Granny Betsy and the toys." They love their great grandmother and we are SO lucky that she wants to and is able to play such a big part in our lives.
Brian has stopped traveling for work. This has been a blessing for me. By the end of the day, around 6:00, I am physically done. He comes home and helps get the boys into bed, reads to them, and helps me with dinner, so that I can veg around for the rest of the night. I feel like this pregnancy is going well- by this time in my first pregnancy, I had already been on bed rest for a week- but I am still very tired at the end of the day. I've been feeling the baby a lot lately. I've also been having a lot of contractions, which I hear is common early on with the second pregnancy.
Things are good and we are happy to be adding to our family...I get a little bit nervous every once in a while, but mostly I'm just really excited for this baby to get here!
3 comments:
What a treat. Loved the update. Seems like we have so much to talk about and so many distractions (kids) to deal with when we're on the phone, I don't get to hear about your daily life updates.
I definitely talk to myself much more (often in public, including singing nonsense very off key all the time), and I blame it all on talking too Elliott since he was born. Now he's a bit older, so I am actually talking to him, but as a baby, aren't you really just talking out loud to yourself most of the time?
So happy to hear Brian isn't traveling anymore - perfect timing!
Next time, pictures of that belly!
Do you realize you just had an etire conversation with yourself in that post? You are getting old. jk....
YAY for a new post and YAY that you are doing well! I can't BELIEVE you've only got 3 months (or less) left. I can't wait for our boys to be friends and play together. Should we go ahead and schedule a play date calendar?
Pictures please...of you, W and G, the nursery...I haven't seen Brian in a while so throw him in there too.
Lots of Love!
Thanks for the blog and the confessional ramble. It so exciting that you have another little boy on the way. Wow. I can't wait to meet him. The twins are going to eat him up! So this time when I'm back in the States this summer, we will have to meet up. We need to have a sleep over weekend like we did before with Sara. I'm going out to SF in late June to see her, but I think she'll make it to the South later in the summer...
Post a Comment