wanted to record this conversation from yesterday before I forget it. In the car on the way to preschool yesterday morning:
(on the radio a man mentions a warehouse)
Walter: why that man just say Warehouse, Mommy?
Me: I guess he was talking about a warehouse. (I explain that a warehouse is a big building where you keep things and that there are a lot of warehouses.)
Walter: Is waremen mean, Mommy?
Me: Do you mean werewolves, Walter? Yes, I think werewolves are mean.
Walter: Where werewolves live, Mommy?
Me: They live in the woods, far away from here.
I can't bring myself to tell my children that werewolves don't exist. So now they think that dinosaurs, monsters, and werewolves live in the woods. And cows. Every couple of weeks Grant wakes up in the middle of the night talking about a cow that came to his window and tried to eat him. But he chased him away and now he's in the woods. One day he talked about the cow almost all day. He kept bringing it up, asking us where we think the cow is now, do we think it's in the house or on the roof or in the woods.
1 comment:
Silly Mommy! Werewolves live in warehouses.
Post a Comment