People always ask me if my twins are very different. I guess they want them to be. That would be so interesting.
I always say, well, they're actually very similar. Maybe I'm trying to disappoint because I get sick of being asked that question over and over again (not that it's a bad question; I'm just never sure exactly what to say.)
Here are some differences between Walter and Grant:
Walter comes down to our bed in the middle of the night. He does so very quietly. I wake up to find him looking at me, in the dark. I sense his presence. Sometimes he stands in our doorway, shuffling his feet, until we hear him and invite him to come on over.
Grant stays in his bed all night. He won't get out of bed on his own, even though we have supplied stairs for him to do so. He just cries and cries until we come get him in the morning.
Grant LOVES his milk first thing in the morning. Walter wants juice (sounds like jew when they say it). But Grant could drink juice all day long and not eat a thing if it were up to him.
Walter loves to be bad and get into trouble. He loves to look at us while he's doing something, so he's sure to get our reaction.
Grant loves to be bad, too, just not as blatantly as Walter does it. I think that's the big difference there.
Walter loves peanut butter and jelly. Grant hates the stuff.
Grant loves money("mummy"- coins) and trains. Walter loves school buses. Sometimes he sleeps with a matchbox school bus in his hand all night. This is not to say that Walter does not love money and trains and Grant does not love school buses, but Grant loves money and trains more and Walter loves school buses more.
They are both still in love with and afraid of cows and dinosaurs.
3 comments:
I really love reading about your boys!I wish I had the creativity and brain to do this for my girls.I hope there is a way for you to save all this so that one day the boys can go back and read all the wonderful things their mother had written about them.
You are so good at this writing. Have you thought about a career at it? I am having so much fun reading your entries.
Love MeeMaw.
smile
Post a Comment