Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cows: Love 'em or hate 'em?

Today we played at the playground with Tyler and Chi Chi. Tyler is so much fun!




After the playground, we all ate at Chick fil A (kids eat free on Tuesday nights- can't beat that!) We love Chick fil A. Sometimes my children will go what seems like days without eating, but if I take them to Chick fil A, they always eat heartily.
Grant and Walter have a love/hate relationship with cows. There are cows at the top of our street (or, should I say, a farm with cows), and they always get really excited when we pass the farm, hoping to see the cows. They usually point and Moo. They also like to moo at eachother, which is funny, because one of them (the mooee, not the mooer), acts like he is afraid of the mooing. They take turns doing the mooing and being afraid. So how can they be equally in love with and afraid of cows? I do not understand. Tonight at Chick fil a there was a person in a cow costume, walking around and shaking hands with the children. (as I type, I just heard Brian upstairs say, "no, you play with your own pee pee. don't touch his pee pee.") Anyway, Walter and Grant saw the cow and freaked out. We love cows, we hate cows, we love cows, we hate cows. It's the same with dinosaurs. But dinosaurs I can understand.

still no penny... wondering if he really did swallow one. so glad I've been sorting through poop for the last week and a half.

4 comments:

Rachel and Chad said...

Just simply explain to them that there is no reason to be afraid of cows. We eat cows; cows should be afraid of us!

(and I'm glad they know which wee wee's are okay to play with now.)

Unknown said...

my friend's 2 yr old daughter loves CFA but is deathly afraid of the CFA cow too! totally understandable!

Diana Foregger said...

Yum Yum....you forgot to mention the chocolate cupcakes and ice cream the kids had last night, Mary! (We helped a little, didn't we?)
Chi Chi

Middlebrooks Family said...

Um...Mary, HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! the best part is Brian's comment! I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. My Brian got a good laugh too! Hope to talk to you soon!