Boston feels like a very long time ago, but we just got back on Wednesday night. We flew up on December 6th to stay with my mom and John (Nana and PeePaw) for 4 nights. Brian and I were very worried about this trip. Hopeful, but still worried. We know what it's like to travel with our children. It's not usually all that great. We usually get really excited about the "vacation," building it up in our minds (or I do at least- Brian is a little more realistic than I am), then we get to the destination and realize that it's a LOT of work to travel with 2 toddlers, and we probably should have just stayed home. Walter and Grant get really tired and cranky, and the crankiness lasts the whole time we're away and for a few days after we return.
Not this time! We are very pleased to announce that we have experienced our first successful family vacation! Walter and Grant were SO good. They did very well on the flight there. We bought 3 seats for the 4 of us, which was plenty of space. One of them sat in one of our laps, while the other one sat in the seat. Brian brought his laptop so we could watch movies, and the rest of the time they just read, played with their cars, and flirted with the woman behind us.
When we got to Nana and PeePaw's house, there were all kinds of trains, cars and trucks waiting for Walter and Grant to play with. This occupied much of their time. Of course, Mom and John's dog, Oliver, is probably the best toy there is. Mom bought a couple of movies and a few books for our stay, too. She worked so hard to make us all comfortable and happy!
On Sunday, Laura Epperson came up from Rhode Island with her two children, Zaven (5) and Nell (2). I was really looking forward to this visit. Laura and I were best buddies when we were little. We have reconnected through Facebook and now through our blogs (hers is beatleandbirdy). Laura is the one who inspired me to start blogging! It's been really fun to be back in touch.
Sunday was a cold and snowy day. When Laura (I still have a hard time not calling you Bizzy!) and Nell and Zaven arrived we walked around in the snow and I got to see what it's going to be like to have a 5-year old. Her kids are adorable and so much fun to be around. Laura, I am so happy that we did that! I am attaching a couple of pictures. Unfortunately I am not the best at remembering to take pictures when I'm out of town....
Zaven

Laura, Nell and me

Zaven and Nell, Grant in the background
What I really wish is that I could find the picture of me and Laura taken on Christmas day when we were about 4 and 5- we were at her house, wearing matching jumpers. I have it somewhere around here.
Monday was cold- like 20 degrees. We walked around outside some (Mom and John don't have a car! Crazy Yanks.) and we went shopping and looking for the Thomas the Train table at Barnes and Noble. We found the Barnes and Noble, but they didn't have a train table. That was a big disappointment, especially after Walter and Grant ran through the entire store shouting "train table! train table!"
On Tuesday we had to take Grant to the dr. for an ear infection. Luckily it didn't seem to affect his flight home on Wednesday.
And I had to include this picture of Brian and the boys... this is what they looked like each time we left the house.
Since we've returned, a lot has happened. Walter now has Grant's cold. We received an offer on our house. She wants us out on January 12th! That's 4 weeks from today. We don't have a new house to move to. We looked at houses this weekend, but we have no idea what's going to happen with our house, so we can't go ahead and make an offer on another house. I'm a little anxious about the whole thing... Does anyone have a few extra bedrooms where we can stay for while?
2 comments:
Holy Shit! Maybe I should not curse, but this definitely deserves an expletive (is that the right word?)! First, I completely forgot you went to Boston. So so glad the trip was a success! You guys deserved that, and maybe it will be a new trend.
Now on to the really big stuff...
Congrats on the house offer! I really can't believe it! That is so exciting and amazing! I know its because of all the love and hard work you guys put into making your house so beautiful. This is so so great! I know it must be scary, but just remember the uncertainty and craziness of moving will all be over very soon. Oh, I know MH is thrilled!!!!!!! Can't wait to get more info. Thinking about you guys!
Sara
WHAT?!?! An offer on your house? That's great! You can stay wiht Chad and me. Oh, that would be so nice a cozy!
Glad Boston was so much fun. Hope we get to see you guys between the craziness of Christmas and moving (from what it sounds like!)
Post a Comment